Joemier PontaweMember of the Future Cities Research Hub | PhD Candidate
Joemier is a PhD in Urban Planning Candidate at the School of Architecture and Planning of the University of Auckland. He is a licensed Environmental (Urban) Planner and has worked in various national government agencies in the Philippines and has professional experience in conceptualizing, planning, and implementing programs, projects, and policies in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Region. He earned his Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration and Master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning from the University of the Philippines Diliman.
- Public transportation planning
- Climate change mitigation in the transport sector
- Active transportation and micromobility
- Paratransit and other informal transport services
- Local government / subnational level government planning and governance