Dr Manfredo ManfrediniMember of the Future Cities Research Hub | Associate Professor
Consistent with his doctoral and post-doctoral studies at the technical universities of Milan and Berlin, Manfredo’s research focuses on the intersections between the historical, critical and projective disciplines of architecture and urbanism. It concerns both theoretical and empirical design aspects of the modern and contemporary periods of continuous change within social, cultural and technological frameworks.
His study areas, including both fundamental and applied research, are articulated along complementary axes, addressing transitions in public space, evolution of building typology and morphology, advances in sustainability and resilience in architecture and urbanism, and contemporary design education.
- Urban design history, theory and criticism
- Architecture and spatial design history, theory and criticism
- Affordable and social housing history, theory and practice
- Modern European architecture history, theory and criticism
- Sustainable development
- Education in architecture